WHERE THE HEAVEN BEGINS
Transportation in Air-Conditioned
Van with cooler (fruit, water, snacks)
Entrance fees to the reserve
Boat with snorkel equipment
(mask, snorkel and fins)
Lunch and non-alcoholic drinks
Cobá Sunset & Temazcal
In the mayan language, sian ka’an means “born from the sky” and to spend time in this nature reserve indeed feels like a gift from heaven. With endless stretches of pristine wetlands, overlapping with sand dunes, bays, mangrove forests and reef, this protected area (one of the largest in mexico) is a feast for the senses. Home to an enormous amount of biodiversity, sian kaan is a unesco world heritage site where the local fisherman take you on a journey through the aquatic landscape, all the while looking out for the resident wildlife of the reserve.
With luck we can spot dolphin, sea turtle, crocodile, diverse birdlife & even the elusive manatee.
The local economy, based on fishing & tourism, has survived & prospered with the regulations of the reserve ensuring sustainable practices & the protection of the coast from over development.
The town of punta allen is located at the end of a series of lagoons we explore by boat, before heading out into ascension bay to snorkel on the meso-american barrier reef (weather permitting). A beautiful sandbank locally known as "nature's swimming pool" is where we take time to relax in the clearest of water before heading into punta allen for lunch.
BOAT TOUR OF SIAN KA´AN BIOSPHERE RESERVE
Every Wednesday & Saturday
Or on demand
"Find your self immerse in one of the most beautiful natural places on earth, floating in crystal clear waters, being one with nature"...
- 7:00 AM – 8:00 AM PICK UP
- ONCE WE ENTER THE RESERVE, WE DRIVE 40 MINS APROX. AMONG COASTAL JUNGLE UNTIL WE REACH THE BOAT DOCK
- LAGUNA BOAT TOUR: EXPLORE MANGROVE FORESTS, FRESHWATER SPRINGS & THE FAMOUS BOCA PAILA - WHERE THE WETLANDS MEET THE SEA
- LOOKOUT FOR MANATEES AND CROCODILES
- VISIT CAYS WITH COLONIES OF INCREDIBLE BIRDS
- SEARCH FOR DOLPHINS, SEA TURTLES AND MORE
- SNORKEL IN THE WORLD´S SECOND LARGEST CORAL REEF
- ENJOY BATHING IN THE CLEAREST TROPICAL WATER AT ¨NATURE'S SWIMMING POOL¨
- DELICIOUS CARIBBEAN LUNCH IN PUNTA ALLEN PUEBLO
- 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM RETURN
WHO IS IT FOR?
THOSE INTERESTED IN WILDLIFE OBSERVATION & PHOTOGRAPHY, EXPLORING THE CARIBBEAN COAST BY BOAT, LEARNING ABOUT TRULY UNIQUE ECOSYSTEMS.
NOT FOR PREGNANT WOMEN.
- Comfortable clothes and shoes (sandals ok)
- Bathing suit
- Sun glasses
- Sun block (bio degradable, also consider clothes to aid with sun protection)
- Some cash
Please note that there are no ATM machines in the area, nor do any of the vendors accept credit cards.
The guides appreciate tips for great service, and you are sure to leave with many great memories!